Our preschool group. Austin was so bummed every day he knew we were having preschool at the house and he had to go to kindergarten. I always saved an extra set of craft stuff for him to do when he got home so he felt part of the group. Saylor, Valentina and Axel laying on the letter F. I would make the letter out of masking tape we were studying and have them sit, jump, walk backwards, and hop on it. They loved this!
We explored Fort MacArthur old army vehicles. Very fun!
We went to the beach through December in 2013. Austin got brave on the boogy board quick!
Austin was so upset when he grew out of his first pair of boots. For his 5th birthday we ordered boots online through Amazon prime and they showed up at 7pm on his actual birthday. He was SO excited about them and would not take them off, even wore them to the beach so Axel wanted to wear his to the beach too! No cuter sight!
We found these cute kits at the 99 cent store. So much easier than carving pumpkin faces!
I wanted this phase of cowboy boots, no shirts, and cowboy hats to last forever. We would play that song "A Cowboy Needs a Horse" by Roy Rogers over and over and they would dance around. I already miss these days! They don't do this anymore.
When we finished our shots before kindergarten, the nurse assistant gave Austin a quick sight test and that is when we first realized this poor little guy couldn't see very far in front of him. We went to Costco and got an eye test and he needed a strong prescription. I remember picking him up from kindergarten and giving him his new glasses and he put them on. I wish I had video taped his eyes of amazement as he stopped in the middle of the crosswalk and looked around in complete amazement at what he was able to see. We lost them a couple of times in the first few months. One day he left them at school on the ground at recess. I thought it was impossible that we would ever find them but we did! He showed me where he put them down and they had been kicked and stepped on a couple of times but we found them and Costco was able to repair them pretty well.
Another preschool picture. Lulu is Axel's favorite. He has said he wants to marry her. She has a way of giggling and giving him all of her attention that makes him feel like a million bucks and he loves her! That is Carolyne next to Axel. She loved joining these preschool kids and feeling big!
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment