Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gayla's burned arm-Boo!

About six weeks ago, I burned my arm on the oven saving Axel from touching the oven. It didn't really hurt the first night and I didn't even run it under cold water. About 36 hours later, I woke up in the middle of the night unable to move my arm. I applied Aloe Vera and blisters began to form immediately. I have never seen blisters like this before! Tom was a great hubby and let me sleep in the other room so nothing would touch it through the night. It was a rough few weeks to keep the kids from looking, breathing, and especially not touching this! I decided to follow the herbal path for this ailment. Under the direction of my sister Cynthia whose daughter decided to step on the stove with both feet when she was three about 11 years ago went through a rough burn situation. The doctors weren't able to help much so my mom coordinated with her herbal buddies and Cynthia used the mixture of Comfrey powder, wheat germ oil, and raw honey and applied that mixture twice a day re-wrapping each time with a gauze bandage.

Looks like the herbal wonder mix did the trick again! Emilee (her 3 year old daughter) didn't have a single scar from 3rd degree burns on both feet. Absolutely miraculous! Here is my arm after 6 weeks-I think it looks amazing and I am loving having my arm back!

1 comment:

Heather said...

wow! those are some crazy blisters!