Monday, May 13, 2013

Carolyne arrives!

This looks like a beautiful snow storm picture. It happened on Christmas Day in Little Rock, Arkansas. This is the day it kept snowing......and the electricity went out on Christmas night......little did we know it would last 5 days! Grandma and grandpa Mead were staying with us since Carolyne was due any day and going to be induced if she had not arrived already. We woke up to temperatures in the 20's. Luckily we had gas and were able to make toast and warm some food up in the fireplace. Austin kept saying it was the Best Christmas ever! Tom had a big snowball fight with the boys. It was a stressful time and we are grateful Carolyne didn't come early since the roads were iced over.

Induced at 5am and received an epidural when I was dialated to a 4. My blood pressure kept dropping and they had to keep laying me down flat or I was going to blackout. They took out my epidural and didn't turn it back on until I was dialated to a 9. I pretty much had a natural delivery! I was screaming and moving my head side to side. Dad thought I looked like a crazy person but screaming and shaking my head gave me some relief.

Carolyne Kay Mead came on December 30, 2012 at 8pm weighting 8 lbs. 13 ounces and was 22.75 inches long. One of the nurses said she was the longest baby she had ever seen delivered.

Carolyne was sucking her finger right after delivery;)

We left the hospital on New Year's Day. We decided to drive straight to Houston, TX to stay with Alisa and her family since our electricity was out on the day of delivery and it was freezing outside and the inside of our house was not much warmer. On the drive we got a flat tire. Luckily the boys were at grandma and grandpa's house. We got lucky to find a used tire shop open on New Year's Day.

Carolyne is only 4 days old and was smiling already! Looks like she is saying "Peace" to everyone!

Carolyne came to this earth with such a happy countenance. It is amazing how much this little girl smiles and lights up a room! We are all in LOVE!

No comments: