Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grandpa's funeral




Grandpa passed away on our ten year anniversary on June 3, 2010. He was 97 years old. I couldn't be happier for him. He has wanted that for the last 9 years since grandma's passing. I was 34 weeks pregnant when we flew up and the funeral happened at the right time so I was able to fly up to Boise, ID. I'm so glad Tom pushed for us to go. I got to see so many relatives that I have not seen in a long time and may not see again. It's sad when all grandparents have passed on and the realization that everyone getting together again may not happen. We were there for 3 days and busy every second! We came home exhausted. Here is a picture of all of the cousins that were there. The picture above is Austin sitting on uncle Shane's lap singing songs by the firepit at the hotel. The top picture is Austin singing the "mommies on the bus go sh, sh, sh". So wonderful to reunite with family. Mom and grandma's presence were so strong and it was such a beautiful funeral.


2 comments:

Alisa said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures -- everyone looks great! I wish I could have been there -- I'm glad you got to go!

"M" Clan said...

Beautiful experience, love you! ♥