Saturday, February 27, 2010

We are having a....

BOY! Our ultrasound was on Monday. The ultrasound was an hour long and we saw every bone of our little guy. They burned a cd and dvd of the ultrasound for us. When we got there we asked Austin again if it was a brother or sister and when we said sister he nodded no. He and this little guy are close buds already and he wanted to make sure we understood it was not a sister this round! We are really leaning towards the name of Axel Gene Mead. My middle name is Jean and Tom's dad is Eugene. Both rocker names and this little guy is guaranteed to be as cool as ATM (Austin). I wasn't sure Gene was a cool rocker name but my friend Renee reminded me of Gene Simmons from the rockband Kiss so we are covered. Even though Gene may sound like an old school name, it can be found as a rocker name still-lol! I can feel Axel moving around, especially at night. I swear when I wake up in the night to shift around I feel like my belly is ridiculously huge! I feel like during the night it is all trying to expand.

We are excited to be halfway through this pregnancy and it is wonderful to have another boy since we have so many clothes already. We were going to buy a double stroller but Austin likes to walk more than ride in a stroller so why buy a double stroller when Austin will still be walking with one of us, holding our hand? Austin is ready to take on some big hikes. We have seriously taken him hiking and ditched the stroller since he wanted to walk with us the entire time! It is going to be so much fun to have two boys around this place, three if you include Tom!

5 comments:

Hilarie said...

congrats! That is awesome. Two boys will be so much fun. I want belly picture...

Heather said...

2 boys is a row is awesome! I'm so happy for your family! Axel is a cool name too! I like names that not everyone has! I wanna see the belly too! :)

FoxFamily said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations!

Jen said...

congrats on your little boy! so exciting!!

Anne said...

Definitely include Tom in that! Great that its a boy! The next few years will be crazy, but it just gets better and better! They'll be best friends! (and worst enemies!)